Curtis v Transit Australia P/L t/a Sunshine Coast Sunbus U2014/12466,  FWC 8679, Hamilton DP
- Bus driver summarily dismissed for refusing carriage to young person in contrary to respondent policy ‘no child left behind’.
- Commission found applicant breached policy.
- Valid reason for dismissal [as] employer’s policy was lawful and reasonable.
- Application dismissed.
This is just one important reason to have enforceable policies that are communicated to all employees.
Greg Reiffel Industrial Relations & Human Resources Consulting has been providing the following services to businesses for over 30 years:
- General HR and IR advisory service.
- Fair Work Commission representation (eg unfair dismissals, adverse actions, etc.).
- Workplace investigations and mediations.
- Policies and procedures.
- Discipline & Termination.
- People Audits (are you at risk of prosecution?).
- Enterprise Agreements, Contracts of Employment, Individual Flexibility Agreements.
- On-site HR services.
Contact Greg on 0438 906 050 or mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org.