Ms Lynne Bennett v ISS Security Pty Ltd T/A ISS Facility Services  FWC 5386. (U2016/6135). RICHARDS, SDP, 18 AUGUST 2016.
The applicant in this matter was a security guard at the Gold Coast Airport, and was dismissed for abandonment of her post without permission on three separate occasions.
The applicant claimed that she suffered severe headaches and needed a dark, quiet room to allow the Panadol to take effect.
However, she falsified the security log of her whereabouts, and did not advise her leading hand.
The SDP found:
“In my view, the employer had a valid reason for Ms Bennett’s dismissal; it has lost trust in Ms Bennett to perform her duties to full effect in an unsupervised environment”.
Greg Reiffel Industrial Relations & Human Resources Consulting has been providing the following services to businesses for over 30 years:
- General HR and IR advisory service.
- Fair Work Commission representation (eg unfair dismissals, adverse actions, etc.).
- Workplace investigations and mediations.
- Policies and procedures.
- Discipline & Termination.
- People Audits (are you at risk of prosecution?).
- Enterprise Agreements, Contracts of Employment, Individual Flexibility Agreements.
- On-site HR services.
Contact Greg on 0438 906 050 or mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org.